Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Day Two



Well here we are in Day Two. Tonight for dinner we were suppose to have cheese enchiladas but hubby stated that he needs meat with dinner. After much debate I agreed to add meat to the enchiladas. So instead we had Steak Enchiladas with Mexican Rice. I did take the refried beans out of the pantry to use but some how they were forgotten about in the process of preparing dinner.








Verdict: Bubba and I both very much enjoyed this meal. The hubby on the other hand did not like the taste of the sour cream inside the enchilada. If you do not like the taste of sour cream then I would not suggest using the recipe that I have posted. I on the other hand could not taste the sour cream inside but that might have been because I had about another two cups of sour cream on top of my enchilada.


I have never made enchiladas from scratch. I have only made them out of a Taco Bell box. It was very simple to do but was a little more time consuming then I originally expected.


Final Product:

Recipe:

CHEESE ENCHILADAS

2 ½ c. Monterey Jack cheese, grated
1 ¼ c. cheddar cheese, grated
1 medium onion, chopped
¾ c. sour cream
2 tsp. parsley
¼ tsp. pepper
1 pkg. (8 ct.) large tortillas
½ c. green pepper, chopped
1 tbsp. plus 1 tsp chili powder
½ tsp. dried oregano
¼ tsp. ground cumin
½ tsp minced garlic
15 oz. tomato sauce
Sliced black olives, optional
Salsa, optional
Additional sour cream and cheddar, optional

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly spray a 9x13x2 inch pan with nonstick cooking spray. In a large bowl, mix the cheeses, onion, sour cream, parsley, and pepper together. Spoon mixture down the center of all tortillas, making sure each has approximately the same amount. Roll tortillas and place seam side down in the baking pan. Mix the remaining ingredients together, and pour over top of the enchiladas. Bake, uncovered, about 20 minutes or until enchiladas are hot and bubbly. Serve with additional sour cream, salsa, and black olives, if desired.


I have decided to post each recipe that I have for my meals thanks to my good friend from work. If you do enjoy this recipe after using it please comment and tell me what you think. Well that is it for tonight. Tomorrow is dinner at my parents house but I might try to make something like Broiled Italian Bread just so I can say that I did cook something to contribute to dinner. Hmmmm....guess we will have to see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment