Thursday, September 23, 2010

Day Three and Dessert

Well tonight we had dinner at my parents house. It was nice not having to cook and especially not having to clean. Here is dinner:

We had Lasagna, garlic bread and my parents neighbor made this empanadas, that were delicious.
So since I have nothing to share as far as recipes tonight I decided to let everyone know that I also intend to make a nice dessert of some sort each week.
I unfortunately don't have a picture of what I made on Saturday but it was fairly good and easy to make.

STRAWBERRY JELLO MOUSSE

1 small box (3 oz) strawberry jello***
¼ c. sugar
1 can (14-16 oz.) crushed pineapple
8 oz. cream cheese, softened
2 envelopes Dream Whip (1 large box)

Pour crushed pineapple and juice in a medium saucepan. Add ¼ cup sugar and the jello. Bring to a boil. Further soften the cream cheese in the microwave, being careful not to melt it, if it isn’t quite soft enough. Add to the saucepan and mix well, trying not to leave any cream cheese lumps. (Don’t worry if you do.) Refrigerate for 1 – 1 ½ hours or until partially set. Make both envelops of Dream Whip following the directions on the box. Add to pineapple jello mixture. Pour into a serving dish and refrigerate until well set.

***You can use any flavor of jello for this recipe!

The kids very much enjoyed this and I thought it would last a few days but when I woke up Sunday morning my baby sister and Bubba were sitting on the couch consuming it at rapid speeds. It was a sight to see and most parents have might have been upset that is what they chose to eat for breakfast but I thought since it had fruit and diary in what the heck go for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment