Monday, September 27, 2010

Day 6 and 7

Sorry, I didn't post last nights dinner. Had alot of homework to complete and turn it which did pay off because I passed Fundamentals of Business Law.
Day 6 we had Salisbury Steak with Dilled Mashed Potatoes and Corn

Verdict:
That is right he was a little jealous that the kids got a thumbs up photo and he didn't. He is such a DORK! The dinner was very delicious and was easier to make than I originally expected. I was told by the whole family that meal was a must keep. Pat on the back to me.


Recipe:

Salisbury Steak
1 1/2 to 2 lbs. ground beef
1/2 c. finely chopped onion
1/2 c. saltine cracker crumbs
2 egg whites
4 tbsp. milk
1 to 1 1/2 tbsp. prepared horseradish
1/4 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. pepper
1 jar (12 ounces) mushroom gravy

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine all ingredients except gravy in a medium bowl, mixing lightly but thoroughly. Shape into thick oval patties. Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Place patties in skillet, a few at a time, and cook about 5 minutes, turning once. Remove patties to a 9x13x2 inch pan, and cover with the gravy. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 45 minutes. Test for doneness before serving by cutting into the center of a pattie. The beef should no longer be pink in the middle.



Day 7 Tonight we had Pan Fried Scallops with Caesar Salad and Broiled Italian Bread. Well hubby and I had dinner, my mother in law decided to feed the kids before she brought them home. It almost like being on a date eating dinner in peace and quiet. It was so refreshing.
Verdict: Look at the picture. I burned the bread but the parts that were edible was good. I put to much dressing on the salad. OOPS!!! The pasta was decent not perfect, I over cooked the scallops, so I think I will eat a bowl of cereal now. I will post the recipe because I am sure have a not screwed everything up it would have been delicious. I decided to add the angel hair pasta at the last moment, which was the best thing I did all night.
Recipe:
Pan Fried Scallops
1/3 c. flour
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. dried marjoram
1 tbsp. olive oil
1 1/2 lbs. scallops (either bay or sea)
1/4 c. dry white win
1/4 c. brand
1 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
Combine the first three ingredients in a gallon size food storage bag. Add scallops and shake to coat. Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Add scallops and cook until done, about 5 minutes each side. Remove to a platter and keep warm. Over medium heat, add wine, brandy, and balsamic vinegar to pan and cook until heated through, stirring from time to time to get the browned bits from the bottom of the skillet. Stir in scallops, making sure they are heated completely.
Tomorrow night: Sour Cream Chicken with Rice and Asparagus

1 comment:

  1. Yummy.... I am starving! What you gonna make for me when I come visit? Hmmm????

    ReplyDelete